GB1681 - Assistant Manager – AML/CFT Unit
Anti Money Laundering
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
Assist Manager in ensuring AML/CFT requirements as laid down in the AML/CFT Law No. 106 of 2013, Executive Regulation No. 37 of 2013, CBK Instruction No. 2/BS/IBS/308/2013 and subsequent instructions/ amendments are implemented. Assist Manager in ensuring that the Bank’s policies, procedures and operating processes are adequate for the prevention, detection and reporting of money laundering and terrorism financing transactions.
- Investigation (Siron AML + Embargo)
- Supervising AML/CFT Reviews (Audits)
- Supervising the Policy & Procedures Implementation
- AML/CFT/KYC Enquiries
- AML/CFT Guidance & Awareness
- Resolving Audit Findings
- Upgrading AML/CFT Systems
- Generic Accountabilities
Controls & Investigation (Siron AML & Embargo)
- Ensure AML/CFT investigation procedures are followed meticulously;
- Ensure correct proceeding status are chosen and recorded;
- Ensure recommendation is based on evidences and as per risk scores enclosed with the conspicuous case(s);
- Ensure recommendation of white listing of customers as per the approved white list matrix;
- Ensure case is delegated back to the AML/CFT Officer to complete the investigation to rectify the missing procedural or evidentiary requirements;
- Escalate the reviewed case to the AML/CFT Manager with the recommendation for next level review and conclusion;
- Proactively working on name search entries postponed by branches and other units together with Reaudits and SWIFT entries are dealt as per the procedure and timelines defined;
- Supervising and guiding staff in resolving name search entries postponed by branches and other units together with Reaudits and SWIFT entries as per the existing procedure and timelines defined;
- Assist in complying with the requirements of Resolution No. 5/2014 in terms of carrying out name search, identifying targeted funds, freezing/un freezing targeted funds, escalation and reporting to the assigned Manager.
Supervising AML/CFT Reviews (Audits)
- Assist Manager in providing feedback relating to the creation of Audit Methodology and checklists;
- Assist Manager in collecting and analyzing data required for AML/CFT Review of the branch/business Unit;
- Supervising Senior Officer in arranging information, documents and files as required for conducting the AML/CFT Review;
- Drafting the review report in coordination with the assigned team members and sending it over to the Manager for review and advise;
- Providing feedback to the Manager in fine tuning review process and methodology;
- Making follow-up with the auditee to ensure findings are resolved as per the rectification plan;
- Escalating instances to the Manager where auditee failed to rectify and/or implement AML/CFT recommendation.
Supervising the Policy & Procedures Implementation
- Assist Manager in supervising the implementation of AML/CFT Policy and Procedures.
- Supervise reporting staff member in collecting and analyzing information required to provide feedback to the internal and/or external customers relating to AML/CFT/KYC enquiry received.
AML/CFT Guidance and Awareness
- Assist Manager in mentoring and guiding new recruits within the AML/CFT team.
Resolving Audit Findings
- Assist Manger in resolving findings raised by internal, external auditors and CBK Inspectors.
Assist Manager in collecting information and drafting SAR;
Assist Manager in collecting information and drafting reply relating to AML/KYC/CFT/SAR related query received from legal and regulatory authorities;
Assist Manager in collecting information required to draft Quarterly and Annual AML/CFT Performance Report to the BOD;
- Assist Manager in collecting data and creating periodic and ad-hoc reports according to specified formats and schedules.
Upgrading AML/CFT Systems
Participating in workshops organized as part of system orientation relating system upgrade;
Providing feedback relating to the functioning features and output of various scenarios so that it can be fine tuned for more accurate and precise output;
- Assist Manager in tasks assigned during the system upgrade exercise relating to mapping, revision and reviewing of internal policy, procedures, controls and processes.
Liaison / Advisory
- Assist in liaison with all branches and departments on technical and procedural issues, and give guidance and support to business units on AML/CFT/KYC issues in coordination with the Assistant Manager.
Support the Head in implementation of the Bank’s AML/CFT strategy consistent with business support objectives;
Work fully within risk policies and procedures and all compliance regulations;
Ensuring that the Unit's is accurate and safely kept on the Unit network server;
To efficiently and effectively manage on a day-to-day basis assigned Unit’s staff;
To ensure that deadlines are met and quality standards are observed in the Unit’s output.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Education / Qualifications: University degree with preferably a completed ACAMS Certification (Association of Certified AML Specialists)
Knowledge: International sanctions screening / AML/CFT investigation skills / Branch AML/CFT reassurance audit skills
Experience: 5-6 years experience in banking, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in AML/CFT, Compliance or Risk mandatory
Generic & Specific Skills:
- MS Office proficient
- Fluent written and spoken English, with Arabic skills an advantage
- An enquiring mind with good analytical skills and an eye for detai
- Proactive attitude and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV