GB1687 - Senior Manager-Financial Audit
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
To conduct and lead audits of Financial and H.O. Departments in accordance with the Internal Audit work instructions and procedures to assess effectiveness of risk / internal controls accuracy of financial records and efficiency of operations.
a) Audit Plan & Program: Conduct and lead audits as per audit plan and work closely in alignment with the audit program thereby preparing and proposing extensive audit checklists, forms for each business unit audit; assist in the development of Internal Audit plan. Key audit areas: Treasury, Operational Risk Management, Financial, and other areas.
b) Audit Process: Conduct timely planning, kick off meetings & Exit meetings with departments; ensure detailed examination of records for assigned departments as per the audit program and samples selected. Highlight relevant issues based on policies and procedures, applicable standards and regulations. Perform the following:
- Inspect internal control systems to determine their efficiency and effectiveness
- Review business process, associated risks, assess existing controls and prepare a business process matrix
- Review data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures
- Verify working papers to ensure that findings reported are adequately supported by evidence
- Prepare and review reports of findings and recommendations for business / operation units and discuss draft findings with the audit clients
c) Follow-up with departments: Ensure close follow–up on all issues raised during Financial and H.O. Department audits, thereby appending the audit reports
d) Monitoring & Guiding Subordinates / trainees: Overview, guide and train new staff/subordinates and trainees on the audit program and provide advice and suggestions as and when required
Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and mentorship to staff as may be required
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Graduate with CA / CPA/MBA (Finance or equivalent) and CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
In-depth understanding of Banking departments processes. Sound knowledge of IFRS, financial standards, processes and internal control mechanism and up-to-date knowledge of Risk based auditing methodologies / trends.
6 – 8 years of experience, preferably in financial institutions and sound knowledge of IFRS, financial procedures, banking processes and internal control mechanisms
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Detailed orientation
- Project Management
- Conceptual & Analytical Thinking
- Risk Management orientation
- Bilingual in Arabic & English (preferably)
- Proficient in IT (MS Office & Accounting packages)
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV