GB1707 - Senior Manager Remedial
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
To manage assigned remedial accounts and to ensure maximum recoveries of Non-Performing Loans, Memorandum and other remedial accounts by implementing the Bank’s NPL reductions and recoveries strategies.
- Manage assigned remedial accounts effectively to ensure restructuring/ settlements will deliver maximum recoveries to reduce Non-Performing Loans ratio.
- Perform comprehensive due diligence and obtain additional information needed for developing strategies to ensure the Recovery Bank Strategy of reducing NPL and maximizing recoveries is achieved.
- Actively engage in meeting clients to identify and discuss potential opportunities for debt settlement by providing creative solutions, thus ensuring value maximization for the bank. Follow up on a regular basis with clients on the meetings held and the outcome of the interactions.
Remedial Management Reporting:
- Prepare the required Monthly/Quarterly Reports of the Department.
- Assist in preparing Remedial Management reports/proposals to be presented to Committees including Remedial Credit Committee (RCC), Compliance Provisioning Committee (CPC), and Executive Risk Committee (ERC).
- Policies & Procedures: Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures.
- Corporate Governance: Ensure compliance with all CBK, GB operational procedures, Risk and AML policies and procedures
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Education / Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or similar discipline with a Certificate in credit management
Knowledge: Corporate Banking, Remedial Credit
Experience: 5-7 years in corporate banking sector with at least 2-3 years in remedial credits especially dealing in difficult debts and settlements.
Investment Banking and Corporate Finance experience plus regional Debt Restructuring Workouts experience.
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Remedial Management Orientation
- Bilingual in Arabic & English
- Proficient in MS Office
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV