GB1731 - Assistant Manager - Market Risk
Enterprise Risk Management
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
To support Head of Market Risk in monitoring Gulf Bank’s exposure to Market, Liquidity and Counterparty risks.
- Risk Models & infrastructure: To develop and implement risk models to quantify and monitor market and liquidity risks. Support model development for ERM as requested by Head of ERM.
- Market Risk Management: Monitor and identify market and liquidity risks across the bank.
- Market & Liquidity Risk Procedures: Ensure proper documentation of market and liquidity risk procedures.
- Market Risk Disclosures and MIS: To report to internal and external stakeholders on risk issues
- New Product Assessments: Support Head of Market Risk in validation of new Treasury & Capital Market products to ensure all products are controlled by appropriate Risk engines, models and processes
- Risk Appetite: Ensure all market and liquidity risks are within the bank’s approved risk appetite
- Corporate governance: Ensure corporate governance is complied with at all times.
Education, Knowledge & Skills:
Education /Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in finance / banking / commerce / management / quantitative disciplines
Knowledge: Knowledge of market risks, Basel guideline and its related application
Experience: 3-5 years in market risk analysis / Treasury management within the banking sector
Accreditation / Licensing: FRM / PRMIA / CFA
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Strong Analytical and Financial skills
- Conceptual thinking
- English language skills
- Proficient in MS Office and relevant packages
- Practical knowledge of Treasury and Capital Markets products and workflows.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV