GB1735 - Credit Analyst, Business Banking
Consumer Credit & Support
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
Support EM to administer and maintain Risk/Credit Policies & Procedures as per the Bank’s credit policy. Manage external portfolios purchase due diligence as per CBK & GB guidelines, ensure reconciliation and ongoing MIS management. Review of Credit Applications of Business Banking (SME) clients in line with CBK guidelines, Bank’s SOPs, Credit procedures and other regulatory requirements to assess and evaluate financial risks and credit review to determine the prospects credit worthiness.
Process Management :
- Provide support in reviewing Consumer Credit &Branch Deposit Policy and Procedures in line with bank’s credit policy & CBK Guidelines
- Release of Payment: Portfolio Purchases- Responsible for ensuring monthly portfolio reconciliations and timely release of payments to sellers.
Review of Applications
- Ensure all data has been captured as per the defined database formats and regular MIS Consumer Risk Grid, External Portfolio Dashboard, BB Dashboard and other MIS.
- Responsible for review of Credit Applications of SME clients in line with CBK Guidelines, Bank’s SOPs, Credit Procedures and other Regulatory Requirements
- Financial analysis, risk evaluation and credit review to evaluate the clients and prospects credit worthiness
- Ensure compliance of all internal procedures/guidelines and credit processes
- Recommendation to mitigate the risks identified while screening the new/review proposal
- Keeping close watch and monitoring the approved SME facilities, maintenance of required portfolio MIS on a regular basis. Annual review of SME program and renewal of facilities.
- Manage, motivate and develop individual employees and the team in line with GB people policies &practices
- Communicate operational procedures
Corporate Governance and compliance:
- Work fully within: risk policies and procedures and all compliance regulations
Education,Knowledge,Experience and Skills:
- Education / Qualifications:
- Should be CCM graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Finance / MBA Finance, International qualification preferred.
- Knowledge of portfolio analysis and techniques
- 1 – 3 years as a Financial / Credit Analyst in a Corporate/SME Banking Environment / Financial Institution
- Generic & Specific Skills:
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting models and techniques
- Analytical and diagnostic skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV