GB1749 - Officer - Trade Finance
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
-To perform various standard and specialized processing /clerical duties regarding LC, LG, Collection & Bills in order to initiate processing, liquidation, discounting and acceptance.
- Processing: Initiate processing of LC, LG, Collection & Bills in the system to generate LC/LG Instrument / Arrival notifications and / or refusal advices to correspondent for discrepant documents and thereby obtain accurate financial data related to LC/LG/Coll and documents.
- Settlement Processing: Process settlement of collection, bills & claims following approved policies and procedures and ensuring approval according to credit delegation.
- Data Entry: Clear outstanding entries in Nostro accounts and close utilized LG/LCs on the system, so that data is well organized.
- Customer Relations: Attend customer queries and respond with required information, ensuring adequate closure for all related queries.
- Document Management: Release documents to customer by acknowledgment of receipt and maintain adequate follow-up with customers on discrepant documents concerning their refusal / acceptance of documents.
- Operational Compliance: Adhere to the directives of Line Manager.
- Corporate Governance: Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Risk Management: Conform to risk policies and procedures to minimize the error ratios and customer frauds.
- AML Compliance: Comply with AML and other policies. Ensure to stay updated on all existing rules and changes thereto.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Education / Qualifications: Diploma in related studies / Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Knowledge: International Customs and Practices (UCP600, URR725, ISBP2007, ISP98, URDG758 & URC 522) and Swift formats.
- Experience: 2 - 4 yrs in Documentary Credit Operations
- Generic & Specific Skills:
- Risk Management
- Computer Literacy
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV