GB1750 - System Accountant
Accounting & Finance
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
Developing and managing financial systems, Undertake automation of new reports, Modify the existing Reports and resolve accounting system problems faced by assigned group of the Bank, Providing and interpreting financial information, Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results ,Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines, Plan, assign and review staff’s work, Review / support for reconciling Retail & Corporate banking accounts, Support month-end and year-end close process, Maintain relationships.
Corporate governance & compliance
- Preparation / monitoring of regulatory reports
- Review and submission of various CBK reports online and off line (daily, weekly, monthly yearly and periodically) within the stipulated time.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data submitted to Central bank
- Examine existing IT systems and business models, Analyze systems requirement.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Monitor system-generated suspense accounts and in case of discrepancies/problems, investigate and take necessary steps to rectify
- Monitor/report cash held by branches/central cash and reporting of the excess cash to the concerned authorities
- Implement, configure and test feasible solutions
- Undertake / lead the automation of new reports as and when required
- Reconcile all modules on daily basis i.e. Deposits, Consumer loans, Commercial Loans, LC and LG, etc, and ensure that the generated reports are accurate.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coordinate with IT and other Groups to cater for their needs and resolve problems by raising IRs (Incident Reports) & CRs (Customization Requests) and update accounting systems
- Co-ordinate with IT on System improvement, implementations etc. and testing for accounting entries being generated correctly
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Supervise and validate all reports to central bank, submit the required details to the regulators.
Work fully within:
Risk policies and procedures - IRFS regulations
All compliance regulations - CBK rules and Regulations
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Education / Qualifications: BCA, B-Tech or any similar professional
Knowledge: SQL; • Oracle; • Expert knowledge in crystal reports, business objects web intelligence • MS Office, Visual Basic, C++ and Java
Experience: 3-4 years experience in the similar field of a large organization,
preferably in any Banks
Accreditation / Licensing: N.A
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Analytical Thinking
- Proven senior accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office & accounting software
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Time management
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV