GB1751 - Officer - CCU
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
To perform various specialized clerical duties for prompt Checking of all branches and central cash department (HO) vouchers against TTS and GTS reports and identify any irregularity/discrepancy.
A. Voucher Checking:
- Receive vouchers from GB Branches and Cash Department for extensive verification of information with regards to TTS & GTS reports and identify any irregularities/discrepancies (ex: missing authorized signature, out of date chq, amount in words and wrong figures) in the document
- Notify respective branches for necessary action/correction and communicate until the issue is resolved
- Report to immediate Senior Officer for further follow up in case there is a delay in resolving the problem from the Branch’s end and ensure appropriate closure
B. Identify Missing Vouchers & Errors:
- Indicate respective Branches/HO incase of a missing voucher or error and send official notification for further follow-up and refer to the Associate Manager for taking necessary action.
- Provide monthly discrepancy reports to the CPU Manager.
Policies & Procedures:
- Follow all operational procedures
- Comply to Basel II framework for all banking operations
Corporate governance & compliance: Work fully within:
- Risk policies and procedures
- All compliance regulations
Education / Qualifications: Higher Secondary School Certificate / Diploma in Banking Operations
Knowledge: Good understanding of banking procedures, international guidelines
Experience: 3 – 6 years of relevant experience
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Data Entry – Basic
- BEAM Application
- Bilingual in Arabic and English
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV