GB1774 - IT Change and Delivery Program Manager
Project Management Office
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
A senior project/program manager is expected to lead and direct high priority enterprise projects or smaller programs and strategic initiatives (budget outlay of over USD 1 M and/or scope spanning across work-streams related to IT systems and infra, Finance, one or more core business areas, Operations and Compliance) involving cross-functional teams in the organization. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire lifecycle of the project and ensures project governance, adherence to quality standards and agreed GB IT architecture, coordination among IT and business stakeholders, issue and risk management and escalation and management of budget, schedule and effort variance. Critical requisite skills include a deep understanding, identification and management of critical path, de-risking critical path activities and managing dependencies within a work-stream or across various work-streams by pro-actively managing bottlenecks, resources, issues and vendors. A Senior project manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders. This role will facilitate vendor evaluation, negotiations, research on alternatives and RFP preparation, where necessary. As a senior member of the IT team, the Sr. Project Manager is also expected to support the IT leadership in defining and documenting IT strategy and roadmap.
A. Project Selection and Scoping:
- Lead the planning and evaluation of a project
- Identify the scope of a project including goals and deliverables.
- Define all project tasks and resourcing needs
- Assist in documenting and reviewing all documentation
B. Project Execution
- Coordinate activities (incl. dispute resolution and business analysis and solution design) among stakeholders
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Assign individual responsibilities to resources
- Identify and minimize the critical path activities on a project
- Identify and de-risk key dependencies and build time and plan redundancies
- Proactively manage risks and issues
- Establish and enforce project’s change control process
- Ensure quality guidelines are met
- Facilitate proper sign-offs and buy-in from relevant stakeholders
C. Project Governance
- Define project charter and goals
- Identify and formalize stakeholders, governance model, escalation procedures and budget.
- Identify governance and reporting structure, frequency and templates.
- Establish and enforce project’s communication plan
D. Tracking and Reporting
- Track project progress against pre-decided milestones
- Identify dependencies and critical path
- Ensure timely escalation to prevent project delays
- Facilitate and drive project team meetings and steering committee reporting
E. Vendor Mnagement
- coordinate vendor selection, negotitations and contract agreement.
- Engage vendor resources during implementation incl. escalations and issues.
F. Support IT Leadership
- Assist in IT strategy planning inputs and research assistance
- Support IT leadership to communicate key decisions/strategies to the Gulf Bank leadership
- Represent the PMO function on project steering committees
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Education / Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in IT/ Finance/ Banking/ Management MBA or Masters degree preferred
Knowledge: Knowledge of banking and the IT SDLC, banking systems and project management
Experience: 10 years of IT, Business Analyst or Project Management Experience, banking experience preferred. Should have managed at least 1 Enterprise Project or 2-3 project streams
Accreditation / Licensing: PMP or Prince II preferred
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical Thinking
- Negotiation, vendor management
- Proficient in IT (MS Project, Visio, Banking apps)
- Sound grasp of budgeting and Financial management
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV