GB1775 - Operation Manager (OM)
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
To supervise, organize and control activities of the branch, in addition to responsible for day-to-day Operations of the branch to effectively manage, formulate, implement and coordinate with Bank's policies and procedures.
- Manage the performance of SCSR / CSR to ensure best productivity and high quality service, in order to provide a range of general banking services to customers.
- Responsible for Branch staff appearance, behaviors and attitudes assuring excellent customer service delivery within the timelines and according to the Bank Promise at all times to enhance the customers’ satisfaction.
- Responsible for Cash and is the custodian of the branch vault, ensuring that the cash balances are maintained at all times.
- Review cash balances and limits to ensure excessive cash is not maintained and that any excesses are reported to Consumer Operations after maintaining the proper approvals, in addition to managing cash movements to and from the branch.
- Authorize tellers’ transactions on BEAM, check the document and apply the second check on customers’ signatures for amounts greater than KD 5000/-.
- Checking the tellers’ vouchers against their journal at EOD, to ensure correctness/availability of all vouchers and necessary documents.
- Approve customers’ Dormant Accounts Activation requests after verifying customer’s personality and signature.
- Communicate with customers in order to resolve their complaints where possible and follow up the unresolved ones.
- Respond to AML Unit enquiries in a timely manner, updating existing customer accounts.
- Daily supervision of key GL’s and Suspense Accounts to ensure that they are balanced as per Gulf Bank procedures.
- Escalating all un-reconciled entries, facilitating the closure of pending issues and maintaining monthly balancing reports.
- Responsible for preparing the quarterly Risk & Controls Self Assessment (RCSA) report to Risk Management, and following up Minors, PIV and other reports as per bank policies and procedures.
- Respond to Internal/External Audit and Consumer Operations queries in a timely manner, ensuring that the discrepancies pointed out, are corrected immediately, and are not repeated in future.
- Responsible for staff rotations to assure full awareness of products and processes, and avoid risks of long periods for staff in the same position.
Education / Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Business administration, Equivalent Qualification training in AML policies
- Good knowledge in branch operations, policies & procedures.
- Good Knowledge of bank Products & Services.
- Excellent rating in the Internal Audit & Internal Control report.
Minimum 3-5 years of banking operations experience with 2-3 years in Assistance Operations Manager position.
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Excellent command in English/Arabic (spoken/written)
- High organizational & time management skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent Communication and team management skills
- Should have flair for branch operations and organized thought process
- Coordination skills between cross functional teams
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV