GB1776 - Executive Manager - Products & Segments
Product Development & Segments
Products - Assets
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
The position is responsible to develop, execute and manage lending products for the consumer loan portfolio of Gulf bank.
- Support the AGM, product and segment in the formulation and execution of division strategy. Conduct periodic review and prepare updates on initiatives and projects.
- Provides input for the development of departmental budget and monitors performance against approved levels within own area, ensuring any variances are appropriately addressed
- Identify new segments, channels or opportunities for product distribution and marketing.
- Handle product launching, product brochures and promotional programs pertaining to Bank’s products being offered to Retail Banking Customers.
- Work collaboratively with other business functions to enhance business opportunities through cross-sell and to resolve cross-functional operations and service issues.
- Improve the end-to-end process for lending business with focus on quality in delivery and cycle time. This includes working with other functions on processes and systems for acquisition, underwriting, authorization, account retention & maintenance, results tracking, etc. to deliver the customer value proposition.
- Provide product specific data on revenue projections ( product demand, gross and net margins, payback), cost issues (cost patterns, sunk cost, overhead vs. direct cost, fixed vs. variable costs), cash flow issues ( working capital, positive cash flow projections and cost and risks of funding sources) for making product launch and updating decision
- Monitor loan volumes across all products to ensure trends are meeting sales targets and within underwriting standards and maintain the proper risk/reward for each product.
- Ensure that all projects / campaigns are implemented within budgets allocated.
- Maintain routine reporting on all products to ensure they are in compliance with internal maximums established by the Credit Analytics Committee.
- Stay abreast of global and regional Retail Banking trends pertaining to consumer lending products in order to enable Gulf Bank to cater to its growing retail customers base by incorporating the necessary changes to product offerings
- Create product proposal in coordination with other business functions and obtain approval for launch from relevant authorities in the Gulf Bank
- Develop and launch new products, product bundles to maximize market share, revenues and profits in chosen segments, for the assigned products.
- Continually remain current with regards to newly enacted regulatory changes for timely implementation of such changes with the cooperation of our Information Technology group.
- Review and conduct market research and comparative analysis to improve Gulf Bank’s product offerings by carrying out product refinement & fine-tuning
- Coordinate with the marketing team to conduct marketing campaigns for product launch and monitor results about customer product reception.
- Assist AGM product and segment in closure of any non compliance or issues highlighted by auditor. Also ensure timely implementation of audit recommendation
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Leadership & People Management:
- Exhibit strong leadership by managing performance, developing and motivating staff
- Allocate work to reportees, nominate for training as per Gulf Bank’s guidelines and manage leave and overtime to ensure efficiency
- Maintain the culture of GB and promote a high performance work environment
- Enhance talent retention through Implementation of
Policies & Procedures:
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures
- Ensure compliance with all CBK, GB operational procedures, Risk and AML policies and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Economics or comparable studies from a recognized university, MBA is preferable.
- Knowledge of banking product and services
- Knowledge of various regulatory rules an regulations
- Knowledge in competitors’ product offerings
- Knowledge in market trends for the region, segment and product specific
- 10-12 years of relevant experience in banking industry 3-5 years in role in product management and development
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Conceptual & Analytical Thinking
- Project Management
- Proficient in MS Office
- Communication Skills
- Risk Management
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV