GB1777 - Business Development Manager
About Gulf Bank
Gulf Bank was established in 1960 and has since progressed to becoming an
industry-leading financial services provider complemented by a large network of 55
branches strategically positioned in key locations across Kuwait.
The main groups of the Bank are Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, International
Banking and Treasury.
To lead in the search for best investment opportunities/products locally, regionally, and internationally. To provide products performance and oversee the integrity and transparency of the GB investment products platform. To generate content to be used in educational and promotional materials.
- Determine investment products and services to be offered to clients and their pricing structure.
- Identify gaps in product line based on market research and clients’ needs.
- Work with legal and compliance to make sure the product meets regulatory and legal requirement.
- Work closely with marketing and sales to promote products and services.
- Assess competitors’ products to make sure products are well positioned to compete effectively.
- Conduct research/market updates/newsletters to promote investment products and services.
- Support training of relationship managers in the area of investment products and services.
- Develop and update financial modeling in connection with investment products and services.
- Ideal candidate has an MBA or CFA qualification with minimum of 5 years investment experience.
- People management:
- Manage, motivate and develop individual employees and the team in line with GB people policies &practices.
- Communicate operational procedures.
- Corporate Governance: Ensure compliance with all CBK, GB operational procedures, International and Investment policies and procedures.
Education / Qualifications:
- Graduate in Finance / Financial Services / Accounting/ mathematical finance/ statistics.
- Different asset classes, investment risk & performance measures, investment management, financial planning, portfolio management.
- 6 –9 years of experience in investment management with sound knowledge of risk measures (SD, Beta, Alpha, VAR…etc)
- Exposure to local, regional, and international capital markets.
Accreditation / Licensing:
- Preferably CFA designation.
Generic / Specific Skills:
- MS Office proficient
- Preferably bilingual in Arabic and English
- Strong communication skills
- Fair negotiation and Interpersonal skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph